Wednesday, November 3, 2010

we'll be together...forever and ever

Sisterhood is a blessing.
It's the best we have to share.

These are some of the words I said to every girl that walked into our chapter room on pref. night of rush. And even though they were scripted for me, I meant every word. As I'm sitting here staring at a stack 40 cards high that are about to be personally written to each of our new babies, I can't help but be thankful for what I have here with Zeta Tau Alpha.

I've recently been reminded through the smallest things how strong our bond of sisterhood really is here. Last weekend I had the joy of going on our New Member Retreat. We got away for a night to just share with each other and strengthen the friendships of the sweet new pledge class. It was a night of smores, chubby bunny, compliment sheets, secret sharing, movies, and lots and lots of singing. 1. I was reminded how old I am...those girls have some ENERGY! 2. I was reminded why I became a Zeta in the first place. 3. I was reminded why we chose these girls to complete our sisterhood. 4. But most importantly I was reminded of the love that runs so strongly through our chapter. It was a blessing of a weekend.




I will be getting 40 new sisters 9 days from now when they become officially initiated into the sisterhood. I know I, and they, couldn't be more excited. I've never felt more sure of the decision and pledge I made a year ago to join this sisterhood.

Luckily I've had the blessing of having a "real" sister my whole life. I love it because all those cliche sayings about sisters are so true, and I could use those to sum up our friendship. But there will be more about my real sissy on her bday :) coming up soon!

I love my sisters in Zeta so much and living with them has only made the experience better. I currently live with three of the best girls in the world. I don't know what I would do without them in my life. They are always here when I need them-through the good and bad. Love them to death......Pattie-Lane, Natalie, and Whitney :)


Individually and collectively.
We are Zeta Tau Alpha.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you had a blog! So excited for a way to keep up with you :) love you!

    ReplyDelete